WACO, Texas — McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara says 15 people were arrested in three days for attempting to pay for sex.
McNamara made the announcement during a press conference Monday morning about a human trafficking investigation.
The suspects believed they were talking to a prostitute online. They were arrested when they showed up to have sex in exchange for money.
Those arrested include:
- Justin Husk of Bryan - Prostitution of a minor and Prostitution
- James Gremminger of Aquilla - Prostitution and Unlawful carry of a weapon
- Malik Simon of Waco - Prostitution
- Willy Lopez of Waco - Prostitution
- John Bourland of Waco - Prostitution
- Rogelio Rodriguez of Belton - Prostitution
- Joaquin Trejo of Hillsboro - Prostitution
- David Windhorst of San Antonio - Prostitution
- Cody Betters of Waco - Prostitution
- Jonathon Dyer of Mertens - Prostitution
- Michael Bellis of Mansfield - Prostitution
- David West of Valley Mills - Prostitution
- Zachary Claybaker of Marlin - Prostitution
- Eric Muehlstein of China Spring - Prostitution
- William "Alex" Farmer of Lorena - Prostitution
The McLennan County Sheriff's Office worked in conjunction with Governor Greg Abbott's Office to make the arrests from Oct. 4-8.
In the press conference, McNamara said McLennan County had one of the largest amount of people arrested in the statewide bust.
Harris County arrested 14 people throughout the sting.
Watch the full press conference on the 25 News KXXV Facebook page:
“LIKE” 25 NEWS KXXV ON FACEBOOK FOR ALL THE LATEST CENTRAL TEXAS STORIES!
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F25NewsKXXV%2F&width=450&layout=standard&action=like&size=large&share=true&height=35&appId=220095204716247" width="450" height="35" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share">