TEXAS — ERCOT has issued another statement asking customers to conserve energy use due to tight reserves.
On Tuesday, ERCOT issued a similar statement as high temperatures across the state created a record-setting demand for energy.
ERCOT is asking customers to again reduce their use between 3 and 7 p.m.
ERCOT recommends the following steps be taken:
- Increase thermostats 2 to 3 degrees
- Program thermostats at a higher temp when not at home
- Use a fan, it can lower temperatures by 4 to 6 degrees
- Use appliances less (dishwashers, washers and dryers) or only in the morning hours.
- Run pool pumps in the early morning or overnight hours and shut them off between 4 to 6 p.m.
- Keep blinds and drapes closed during the hottest part of the day.
Texans can find more information on how to conserve your energy use by visiting one of these sites, www.ercot.com/about/conservation [ercot.com] or http://powertosavetexas.org/ To track electricity demand, peak times, view forecasting information, visit http://www.ercot.com [ercot.com].
Follow ERCOT on Twitter at @ERCOT_ISO, or on Facebook at "Electric Reliability Council of Texas." ERCOT also has a mobile app you can install from the Apple App Store or Google Play. To receive ERCOT's EmergencyAlerts, go to http://lists.ercot.com [lists.ercot.com].