A simple blood test could mean finding the foods your body can’t handle.
Many people have food intolerances that go undetected and that can be a scary thing around the holidays. Food intolerance may sometimes even cause some of the same symptoms as allergies, such as hives, nausea, vomiting, cramping and diarrhea.
Any Lab Test Now offers a blood test to find what food your body might not take well this holiday season. For the many people that think they may have a food allergy, but ignore the symptoms because of a negative test result, the blood test may prove it was an intolerance all along.
Some holiday foods may sneak up on you! Here is a list of foods that may have been concocked with sneaky triggers for food intolerances:
- These treats often include dairy products, which could be harmful for someone who is lactose intolerant.
- Nuts, honey and other spices contain salicylate, that can cause some to experience asthma, abdominal pain, even hives.
Green Bean Casserole
- This dish includes short grain carbohydrate that can trigger digestive issues.
Party Chips & Dip
- Some potato chip brands include sulfites, a preservative that can cause a stuffy nose and wheezing. Dips can trigger a person with lactose intolerance.
Beer & Wine
- Histamine can be found in fermented alcohol and may cause a headache, fatigue and sinus issues.
Aged cheese & cured meats
- Histamines can also be found in meat and cheese platters, which might cause stomach cramping or hives.
Copyright 2018 KXXV . All rights reserved.