A man was arrested on Tuesday after police said he was accused of nine counts of theft, burglary of vehicles, building and habitation.
According to the criminal complaint, on Sept. 17 an affiant was granted a search warrant from a McLennan County Court to search the residence of 20-year-old Tyrek Preston for stolen property taken by a burglary motor vehicle that occurred on Sept. 14.
Mart police and a McLennan County Constable executed the search warrant on the same day and found numerous items stolen from multiple burglaries of a vehicle, thefts, burglary of building and burglary of a habitation. It had been occurring over a two-month period.
A Mart police officer located property for reported burglary motor vehicle cases:
- Burglary of a vehicle; hatchet and a machete knife
- Burglary of a vehicle; women’s ostrich pattern wallet purse with victim’s ID and other identifying objects
- Burglary of a vehicle; Rtic 65 cooler, Under Armor backpack with bellyband holster and Ray Ban sunglasses
- Burglary of a vehicle; women’s pink velvet wallet purse with victim’s ID and vehicle key
- Burglary of a vehicle; men’s wallet brown with victim’s ID, credit and bank cards
- Burglary of a vehicle; women’s purse wallet with victim’s ID, birth certificate, multiple social security cards and other miscellaneous cards
- Theft over $100; Ion Rock Blocker portable stereo box
- Burglary of habitation; camouflage carry tote bag and bag of 5.56 ammunition
- Burglary of a building; old ceremony sword with a cross and knight emblems identifiers.
Preston was arrested and charged six counts of burglary of vehicles, two counts of theft over $100, burglary of habitation and burglary of a building.
He was transported to the McLennan County Jail.
His bond is set at $25,000.
Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.