Smoke was detected during a planned fire drill at South Bosque elementary school on Thursday afternoon.
Officials with Midway ISD said smoke was smelled in the building, but flames were not seen. All of the children were safely escorted outside while the fire department investigated.
The school was given an all-clear after it was discovered an exit sign had short-circuited and caused the smoke.
No one was injured and all the students were safely escorted outside.
Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.