The USS John McCain will be repaired at the U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility in Japan.
The guided-missile destroyer collided with an oil tanker near Singapore in Aug.
The Navy said Wednesday that the ship will be repaired in Yokosuka and that the crew will focus on training, readiness, and certifications.
Ten sailors were killed, including one from Central Texas.
- Charles Nathan Findley, 31, Electronics Technician 1st Class, from Amazonia, Missouri
- Abraham Lopez, 39, Interior Communications Electrician 1st Class, from El Paso, Texas
- Kevin Sayer Bushell, 26, Electronics Technician 2nd Class, from Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Jacob Daniel Drake, 21, Electronics Technician 2nd Class, from Cable, Ohio
- Timothy Thomas Eckels Jr., 23, Information Systems Technician 2nd Class, from Manchester, Maryland
- Corey George Ingram, 28, Information Systems Technician 2nd Class, from Poughkeepsie, New York
- Dustin Louis Doyon, 26, Electronics Technician 3rd Class, from Suffield, Connecticut
- John Henry Hoagland III, 20, Electronics Technician 3rd Class, from Killeen, Texas
- Logan Stephen Palmer, 23, Interior Communications Electrician 3rd Class, from Decatur, Illinois
- Kenneth Aaron Smith, 22, Electronics Technician 3rd Class, from Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Read more on KXXV.com:
+ CTX sailor remembered for dedication
Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.