January 1 is not only the start of a new year, but also National Hangover Day.
Several welcomed in 2017 with a little pop and fizzle, but what's the best way to fight the hangover that will follow?
Here are some tips:
- Drink lots of water. Alcohol causes dehydration
- Eat toast or crackers to bring blood sugar levels up
- Take anti-inflammatory medication, like ibuprofen, for headaches, but do not take Tylenol as that can cause liver damage
- Medical Daily suggests that eating asparagus protects liver cells and alleviate the hangover
- Foods high in salt and potassium (such as pretzels or a banana) will combat dehydration
- Give time to fully recover
See something that should be added on the list? Tell us!
Copyright 2016 KXXV. All rights reserved.