NewsThe Loop

Actions

North Carolina family burns snake in oven when baking pizza

default.png
Posted at 4:26 PM, Jan 01, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-01 17:26:14-05

WAKE FOREST, NC — A North Carolina family accidentally cooked a snake that was hiding in their oven when they prepared pizza.

It's a story that's gotten more than a thousand likes and shares on CNN's viral Facebook page.

"The oven started smoking and I told my boys back up so i can make sure nothing's getting in a fire or anything could happened. And I looked closely and I was like, oh, my god, that is a freakin' snake," said Amber.

They told CNN that the snake did not smell good.

And for everyone wondering if they ate the pizza?

"I hear a lot of people asking that question. Did we eat pizza? No," said Robert.

The Helms tell CNN they plan on bringing in animal experts to find out where the snake came from and how it ended up in their oven in the first place.