COLUMBUS, Georgia — A Chick-fil-A employee is being hailed a hero after he jumped into action to save a child from choking in the drive-thru lane.
On October 12, Zack Kokenzie, who goes by "Cowboy," says he was serving customers during the lunch rush in Columbus, Georgia when the incident unfolded.
According to the restaurant's Facebook post, a father noticed his child choking in their SUV when the seat belt was wrapped around the kid's neck.
Kokenzie heard the screams and rushed to help.
The Eagle Scout used a pair of scissors to cut through the seat belt.
Chick-fil-A says the incident could have been far worse, but Kokenzie was in the right place, with the right training, at the right time.