NewsLocal News

Actions

Temple firefighters respond to house fire believed to be caused by space heater

1104 TEMPLE FIRE.jpg
Posted at 4:12 AM, Nov 04, 2021
and last updated 2021-11-04 07:21:39-04

TEMPLE, Texas — Temple firefighters believe an extension cord and space heater could be to blame for an early morning house fire.

Temple Fire & Rescue responded to reports of a structure fire in the 800 block of E. Houston Avenue just before 1:45 a.m. Thursday.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from an attached carport and small utility room.

Two people and two pets were inside the home at the time and were able to get out without injury.

Firefighters were quick to extinguish the flames.

Temple Police and EMS also responded to the incident.