BRYAN, TX — A new electric scooter company is rolling into Bryan!
Blue Duck Scooters will place 100 electric scooters in Downtown Bryan, at Blinn College and in surrounding areas. The scooters will cost $1 to activate and $0.25 per minute to operate.
The scooters will be geofenced to only operate within designated areas in Bryan.
In order to operate a scooter, riders must:
- Be at least 18-years-old.
- Observe the same laws as motor vehicle drivers.
- Ride on roads that are under 35 miles per hour, and stay in bike lanes, on the street or shared-use paths. Scooters are not allowed on sidewalks.
- Ride alone on scooters.
- Wear a helmet. People under 21-years-old are required by law to wear a helmet. Blue Duck Scooters will provide free helmets to those who request one.
- Park in preferred parking areas, or "landing zones."
The scooters will be placed around Bryan starting on November 14 as part of a pilot program with the city. The scooters will be placed each morning around 7 a.m. and picked up around 10 p.m.
The public is invited to the launch event, which will take place at 11 a.m. on November 14. Blue Duck will be giving away free helmets and t-shirts to those in attendance.