NewsJustice for Vanessa Guillen


Army official says Vanessa Guillen 'potentially' harassed at Fort Hood but 'not of sexual nature'

Vanessa Guillen
Posted at 6:38 PM, Jul 10, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-10 19:38:06-04

An Army official said today that investigators have "identified some information" that Vanessa Guillen was "potentially" harassed at Fort Hood, but that it was "not of a sexual nature," according to ABC News.

The official also said there may have been "some sexual comments made to her," but they were not from Specialist Aaron Robinson, her alleged killer "or any other parties of interest in the investigation."

This information was passed along to the broader investigation currently underway into potential sexual assaults at Fort Hood, according to the Army official.

Investigators have not found any records that would show Guillen filed any complaints and no one in her chain of command told them that she ever discussed any sort of harassment with them, the official told ABC News.

The lead Army investigator in the case has said publicly that the investigation into her disappearance has so far not found any links of sexual harassment prior to the incident that led to her death.

Today, the Army official said they can't conclusively prove sexual harassment didn't happen, did happen or that "something occurred between the two of them," but Army investigators did not find any evidence to support sexual harassment in cell phone records or text messages as they investigated her disappearance.

Everyone interviewed by investigators also said they were not aware of any sexual harassment, according to ABC News.

"We've developed no information to support that Robinson and Guillen had any sort of social or personal relationship," said the official who added that the investigators have found that "their contacts were professional and related to work."

The official said investigators "don't have any evidence to support that there was some sort of issue between the two of them, whether it's sexual nature or otherwise."

Since the discovery of her remains, the top general at Fort Hood has said that the investigation into whether sexual harassment actually occurred is still underway.