The Waco Fire Department responded to an apartment fire around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.
The incident happened in the 2400 block of JJ Flewellen Road.
The occupants were sleeping when they heard their fire alarm going off.
"If they hadn't had working smoke alarms, this likely would have been a tragic accident," tweeted Waco fire.
The fire department advises everyone to please check your smoke alarms.
2 occupants were alerted from sleep just after 3 AM this morning to a fire in their apartment in the 2400 block of JJ Flewellen Rd. by a working smoke alarm. If they hadn’t had working smoke alarms, this likely would have been a tragic incident. Please check your smoke alarms. pic.twitter.com/1gIrMCc0V6— Waco Fire Department (@WacoTXFire) July 28, 2019