HometownMcLennan County


Officials: Suspect killed in standoff with FBI, investigation ongoing

Posted at 8:09 AM, Jul 25, 2019
and last updated 2019-07-27 20:04:34-04

ROBINSON, TX — Officials have given an update on the Robinson active situation Thursday morning. The suspect is dead.

Officials said there was an FBI agent-involved shooting, and the suspect is dead. There will be a very detailed investigation due to the shooting.

The suspect was not identified.

It happened in the 700 block of Stegall.

A Justice of the Peace removed the suspect from the home. An autopsy has been ordered.

Officials said the FBI bomb squad was in the area due to concerns of explosives at the home. Due to the concern, they asked neighbors to evacuate on Thursday. They then cleared the residence.

When they did the search, the FBI found no explosives in the home.

The operation took several hours to make sure the area was safe for neighbors.

Officials blocked off a road in Robinson due the active situation on Thursday, according to neighbors.

Robinson police said the FBI was conducting an operation at the location. The suspect failed to cooperate with agents and threatened to use lethal force.

Neighbors said E Stegall was blocked from Andrews to 12th Street.

They said there were several shots heard in the area just before 6 a.m.

The McLennan County Sheriff's Office bomb squad truck, Robinson police, Robinson fire and DPS are also on the scene.

While processing the scene, a spokesperson for the FBI on Friday said officials found "suspicious items which warranted further assessment."

The McLennan County Sheriff's Office deployed bomb technicians and a HazMat team was sent by the Waco Fire Department to assist the FBI in securing those items safely.

These teams will stay on the scene for the remainder of operations and in case any additional items need to be secured, said officials.

Officials continue to take precautions to ensure the public's safety, which they say, is their highest priority.

East Stegall Drive was closed off beginning Thursday morning when the standoff started. Officials reopened the road Saturday evening.