WACO, TX — The Waco Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Tuesday.
Officials said firefighters responded to 817 Colcord Ave. to a kitchen fire at Barron's Branch Apartments.
A resident was cooking on the stove and it caught on fire.
One resident had smoke inhalation and was treated.
There was no serious damage.
On Tuesday night, Waco fire said that while officials were working an apartment fire, they were alerted of a person who was impaled on the neighboring metal fence.
Officials said the victim was extricated and removed by Waco fire and was taken to Baylor Scott and White Hillcrest by AMR for further treatment.
RESCUE SITUATION - earlier this evening while firefighters were working the apartment fire at 817 Colcord Ave., personnel were alerted to a person impaled on the neighboring metal fence. Patient was extricated/removed by WFD & taken to BSW Hillcrest by AMR for further treatment. pic.twitter.com/CAmOeS9BXm— Waco Fire Department (@WacoTXFire) July 3, 2019