Elm Creek Water Supply issued a notice on Tuesday advising residents in areas outside of Moody to boil their water until further notice.
The notice comes after a line break occurred at the Elm Creek Water Supply water plant on State Hwy. 107.
Areas affected by the notice include:
- Blue Cut Road South proceeding West, approximately eight miles to Eagle Springs
- All of S.W. McLennan Road
- CR 338, 339 and 340
- FM 2671 approximately two miles north of State Hwy. 107
- State Hwy.236 to Mother Neff State Park
- All of Blue Cut Road North and Blue Cut Road South
- Wyatt Lane
- All of Alexander Road
- J.B. Vandiver Loop
- Old Country Road east to Donaldson Road
- From Donaldson Road North to Country Club Road
- From Blue Cut Road to State Hwy. 317
- Joy Lynn Road from State Hwy. 217 to Spring Valley Road
- North of Joy Lynn approximately two miles
- Spring Valley Road approximately 1.5 miles north of Tower Drive
Water for drinking, cooking and making ice should be boiled and cooled prior to consumption to ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and microbes.
Another notice will be issued when there is no longer a need to boil water in these areas.