BEVERLY HILLS, TX — A Beverly Hills home was severely damaged in a fire that was possibly sparked by a space heater.
A City of Beverly Hills Police Department officer in the 4100 block of Acree Drive when he noticed smoke coming from a home. He notified dispatch and ran towards the house.
All residents were able to escape.
The Waco Fire Department was called in to help the City of Beverly Hills Fire Department.
MUTUAL AID STRUCTURE FIRE - 4100 Block of Acree Dr. in Beverly Hills. @WacoTXFire units assisting With a house fire that’s fully involved and threatening other structures.
— Waco Fire Department (@WacoTXFire) December 28, 2020
After 15 to 20 minutes, the fire was under control.
Beverly Hills PD says the house is close to a total loss. The family's cars were also damaged in the incident.
Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fire, but believe it may have been sparked by a space heater in one of the bedrooms.
The Red Cross has been called to assist the family.