WACO, TX — Ascension Providence and Baylor Scott & White - Hillcrest have reinstated a 'no visitor' policy as coronavirus cases continue to rise.
The healthcare systems say the move is an effort to protect patients, physicians, staff and the community by reducing the transmission risk within their care sites.
Exceptions will be made for several situations:
- Patients who are laboring or post-partum
- Patients with disabilities or impairments or who are elderly
- Patients in the neonatal ICU (NICU) and pediatric units
- Patients requiring surgery or other medical procedures
- Patients requiring end-of-life care.
In those situations, one caregiver may accompany the patient. The visitor must pass previously-established health-screening criteria upon entrance into the facility and must wear a mask while in the facilities.
Both Ascension Providence and Baylor Scott & White - Hillcrest encourage support persons to use alternate methods of communication to stay in contact with loved ones, such as phone calls, video chats or texting.