HARKER HEIGHTS, TX — The city of Harker Heights is urging residents to preserve water service as extreme weather conditions continue. The city is experiencing a limited water supply from its water supplier.
The city is now implementing Stage 4 water restrictions to help conserve what water supply is available.
Stage 4 water restrictions mean residents should reduce demand by 20% due to major water line breaks or pump system failures.
The city is asking residents to conserve water over the next 24-48 hours by:
- Not storing large amounts of water by filling bathtubs or other containers.
- If water lines are frozen call 254-681-6779. The city will send a crew to shut off water at the meter.
- Dripping faucets should be turned off once temperatures reach 30 degrees. You do not need to drip all faucets in your home.
- Avoid using washing machines or dishwashers.
- Store one gallon of water per person for the next 24 hours. If dripping faucets drip into containers.