Bellmead has moved to stage 3 emergency water restrictions after a six-inch water main break was repaired on Monday.
City crews were on site making the repairs Monday morning after the breakage caused the city to remain in stage 4 emergency water restrictions, according to a city Facebook post.
The city moved to stage 3 after the repairs were made; the new water restrictions consist of the following:
- Laundromats may open from 1 pm to 7 pm daily
- Car Washes may open from 6 am to 10 am and from 6 pm to 10 pm
- Vehicles, motor bikes, etc. may only be washed at commercial car washes
- No filling or refilling of swimming pools, wading pools, jacuzzi-type pools
- The use of hose-end sprinkles or permanently installed automatic sprinkler systems are prohibited at all times.
- Irrigation is limited to designated watering days between the hours of 6 am and 10 am and 8 pm and 12 midnight and shall be by means of hand-held hoses, hand-held buckets, or drip irrigation only.
- Designated watering days are limited to Sundays and Thursdays for residents with a street address ending in an even number and Saturdays and Wednesdays for residents with a street address ending with an odd number.
- The use of water for construction purposes from designated fire hydrants under special permit is to be discontinued.
- Brame Park splash pad will remain closed.