BELL COUNTY, TX — Bell County officials said they were made aware of gatherings for the 4th of July that would be occurring in the area.
"Given the case rates for COVID-19 in Bell County we cannot endorse such events, but it is not up to the health district to decide if they take place," they said.
They offered the following advice to the public if you are attending these events:
· Those with any signs of illness should not attend;
· If someone in your household has COVID-19 then you should be isolating and not attend;
· If you have otherwise been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19 you should be isolating and not attend;
· If you are awaiting results of COVID-19 testing, you should be isolating and not attend;
· Wear a mask if you do choose to attend;
· Socially distance (6ft or more) whenever possible;
· Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands;
· If you have at risk people living in your household we strongly suggest not attending large gatherings for their safety;
· If you have health conditions that could put you at risk of complications from COVID-19 or are over the age of 60 we strongly suggest avoiding gatherings. See this link for health conditions that can put you at adverse risk.
"We understand that social isolation is hard and that people want to engage with their communities but we urge everyone to do that in the safest possible fashion. Continued increases in cases may result in discontinuation of events for an extended period and may also result in another shut down that we cannot afford. Please exercise all possible caution," they said.