NewsJustice for Vanessa Guillén


Army CID: No credible information that missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen was sexually assaulted

Pfc. Vanessa Guillen
Posted at 1:00 PM, Jun 15, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-06 17:21:06-04

FORT HOOD, TX — Investigators for the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command say they have no credible information or report that missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen was sexually assaulted.

Allegations have been widely circulated on social media that Guillen was sexually assaulted, according the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command.

They also say there's no information that her disappearance is connected to that of PV2 Gregory Wedel-Morales, who has been missing since Aug. 20, 2019.

"At this point, investigators have no credible information or report that Vanessa Guillen was sexually assaulted or that this case is in any way connected to the investigation into the disappearance of PV2 Gregory Wedel-Morales, who was last seen on the night of Aug. 19, 2019 while driving his car in Killeen, Texas," the Investigation Command said.

“We are completely committed to finding Vanessa and aggressively going after every single piece of credible information and every lead in this investigation,” said Chris Grey, spokesman for Army CID. “We will not stop until we find Vanessa.”

Army CID says more than 150 people have been interviewed.

There is now a $25,000 reward leading to credible information on her whereabouts.

“We are working very closely with multiple law enforcement agencies to include the FBI, Belton Police Department and the Texas Department of Public Safety, as well as others,” Grey said. “We have also partnered with Texas EquuSearch and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to tap into their resources as well. We have participated in ground and air searches on Fort Hood and throughout the Central Texas region.”

20-year-old Vanessa Guillen was last seen April 22 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. in the parking lot of her Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood, Texas and has not been heard from since that date. Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card and wallet were later found in the armory room where she was working earlier in the day. She was last seen in the parking lot wearing a black t-shirt and purple fitness-type pants.