News

Actions

Michigan man dies after falling into tank of sulfuric acid

default.png
Posted at 10:18 AM, Feb 11, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-11 11:18:18-05

(WXYZ) — A 54-year-old man who fell into a large vat of sulfuric acid at a metro Detroit facility has died, the company confirmed.

According to Michigan Seamless Tube, the man fell into the vat at their facility on Saturday and was injured. He died at the hospital as a result of his injuries.

Information on what led to the man falling was not immediately available.

According to the company, they are conducting a "comprehensive investigation of the accident" and cooperating with the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.