The Waco, Temple and Bryan areas are now in the top 10 with the highest areas on flu activity, according to a Walgreens Flu Index .
The report says the CTX area is number 7 on the list with high levels of flu activity. The flu index is not intended to illustrate levels of flu activity, but to show which populations are experiencing high flu activity.
Four Texas populated areas were on the top 10 list:
- 1. Tyler-Longview(Lufkin & Nacogdoches), Texas
- 2. Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas
- 3. Lincoln & Hastings-Kearney, Neb.
- 4. Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss.
- 5. Huntsville-Decatur (Florence), Ala.
- 6. Ft. Smith-Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.
- 7. Waco-Temple-Bryan, Texas
- 8. Birmingham (Anniston and Tuscaloosa), Ala.
- 9. Jackson, Miss.
- 10. El Paso, Texas (Las Cruces, N.M.)
Texas is also listed number three on the top 10 list of states with flu activity, according to the report.
The Walgreens Flu Index is using retail prescription data fir antiviral medications used to treat the flu across the nation.
Copyright 2019 KXXV. All rights reserved.