News

Actions

2 men, 2 children die from carbon monoxide poisoning while working in house under construction

default.png
Posted at 7:32 AM, Feb 04, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-04 08:38:15-05

DALLAS (AP/FOX4) - Four people have been found dead in a house under construction in Dallas.

The Dallas Morning News reports that authorities say the two men and two children are believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Fox4 said there were two workers staying in the home, along with one of the worker’s two young sons. They were staying there to stop anyone from vandalizing the home, which neighbors said had been under construction since last year.

The homeowner found them in the house around 9:30 a.m. and called 911.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says a generator powering a heater and cellphones was inside the house and had run long enough for the carbon monoxide to reach fatal levels.

The victims' names and ages haven't been released, but Evans says the children were young boys.

Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.