On Saturday, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is giving Waco the ability the prevent prescription drug abuse and theft by providing locations around the area to dispose of expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs properly.
The DEA will be accepting all pill and patches the public wants to dispose of with no questions asked. Though please note, they can’t take any liquid, needles or shapes.
With prescription drug abuse on the rise in the U.S., this program is paramount in keeping our community safe. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s National Survey on drug use shows, year after year that most misused and abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends.
The drop off locations are:
- Baylor Police Department – 1521 South 4th, Waco, Texas 76798
- Bellmead Police Department – 701 Maxfield Street, Bellmead, Texas 76705
- Copperas Cove Police Department - 302 E. Ave E, Copperas Cove, Texas 76522
- Coryell County Sheriff's Office - 510 Leon Street, Gatesville, Texas 76528
- Gatesville Police Department - 200 N. 8th Street, Gatesville, Texas 76528
- Harker Heights Police Department - 402 Indian Trail, Harker Heights, Texas 76548
- Hillsboro Police Department – 303 North Waco Street, Hillsboro, Texas 76645
- Hewitt Police Department - 204 Chama, Hewitt, Texas 76643
- Killeen Police Department - 3304 Community Boulevard, Killeen, Texas 76542
- Lacy Lakeview Police Department – 503 East Craven Avenue, Waco, Texas 76705
- Lorena Police Department - 100 N Bordon St, Lorena, Texas 76655
- Nolanville Police Department – 101 North Fifth Street, Nolanville, Texas 76559
- Temple Police Department - 209 E. Ave. A, Temple, Texas 76501
- Waco Police Department - 3115 Pine Avenue, Waco, Texas 76701
- Woodway Public Safety Department - 920 Estates Drive, Woodway, Texas 76712
Or you can visit www.dea.gov which is continuously updated with new take-back locations.
Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.