Two vacant mobile homes were destroyed in a fire on Friday.
According to Temple Fire and Rescue, firefighters responded to a reported fire at 3:25 p.m. at 3616 West Nugent Avenue and observed a mobile home with heavy fire involvement.
Firefighters were told the mobile homes were vacant and not occupied. Two mobile homes were destroyed in the fire and the damages for both units totaled at $4,000.
The fire was under control at 3:40 p.m., according to Temple Fire and Rescue.
Investigators determined the fire was unintentional and started from an arcing electrical transformer which ignited grass surrounding the mobile homes.
Temple police, Temple EMS and Oncor Electric were also on the scene.
There were no injuries in the fire.
Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.