News

Actions

Two people burned in house fire

default.png
Posted at 1:29 PM, Jun 22, 2018
and last updated 2018-06-22 14:55:50-04

The Waco Fire Department responded to a house fire on Friday around 12:45 p.m.

The Waco Fire Department said units responded to a house fire on the 600 block of Baker Lane. The fire was under control after EMS responded.

Two people were inside the home buffing the floor when the machine sparked, causing a flash fire and a small explosion.

The workers were taken to Hillcrest hospital where they are being treated for burns. Firefighters believe one will be flown to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for further treatment.

One room was damaged from the fire including smoke, soot and screen damage.

Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.