A Central Texas Dairy Queen will be closing soon, along with 28 other locations, due to financial effects from Hurricane Harvey and declines in oil prices.
The franchise owner, Irving-based Vasari LLC is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in North Texas Federal Bankruptcy Court in Fort Worth, The Star-Telegram said.
The Dairy Queen at 125 LaSalle Ave. in Waco will be part of the closures.
Vasari sited the restaurants located in “prime oil country” have struggled to survive the decline in oil prices. Several of Vasari’s stores were had physical damage, extended closures and loss of inventory after the hurricane in August, according to court documents obtained by amarillo.com.
“This decision was based solely on what’s best to have a healthy company and ensure the long-term success of our core restaurants for our customers, employees and other stakeholders,” William Spae, president and CEO of Vasari, said in a statement. “Given the support we have from our primary stakeholders toward a consensual plan of reorganization, we believe this process should have minimal impact on our customers and employees at the remaining restaurants.”
Restaurants affected by the bankruptcy filing include:
- Crosbyton, 303 W. Main St.
- Denver City, 500 W. Broadway St.
- Idalou, 108 W. First St.
- Lockney, 217 S. Main St.
- Merkel, 1103 N. Seventh St.
- Post, 601 N. Broadway St.
- Seagraves, 1005 Railroad Ave.
- Claredon, 603 W. Second St.
- Claude, 298 W. First St.
- Coleman, 2000 S. Commercial Ave.
- Perryton, 1014 S. Main St.
- Shamrock, 1243 N. Main St.
- Wellington, 1010 Houston St.
- Dalhart, 215 Oak Ave.
- Dumas, 224 S. Dumas Ave.
- Gruver, 200 Main St.
- Haskell, 211 N. First St.
- Stratford, 502 E. Texas Ave.
- Cedar Hill, 303 W. Copper St.
- Carrollton, 3488 E. Rosemead Parkway
- Waco, 125 LaSalle Ave.
- San Augustine, 1010 Nacogdoches Highway
- Conroe, 1612 N. Frazier St.
- Giddings, 977 E. Austin St.
- Clinton, 720 W. Gary Blvd.
- Admiral, 7819 E. Admiral Place
- Owasso, 9495 N. Owasso Expressway
- Hobbs, 220 W. Bender Blvd.
- Raton, 1630 Cedar St.
Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.