Monday marks the 26th anniversary of the Luby's massacre in Killeen. In 1991, a man drove his pickup truck through the front window of the Luby's and shot and killed 23 people in 1991. 27 others were wounded in the shooting.
As of October 2017, the massacre is the fifth deadliest mass shooting by a single shooter in U.S. history.
We remember the lives lost 26 years ago:
- Patricia Carney, 57, of Belton
- Jimmie Caruthers, 48, of Austin
- Kriemhild Davis, 62, of Killeen
- Lt. Col. Steven Dody, 43, of Fort Hood
- Al Gratia, 71, of Copperas Cove
- Ursula Gratia, 67, of Copperas Cove
- Debra Gray, 33, of Copperas Cove
- Dr. Michael Griffith,48, of Copperas Cove
- Venice Henehan, 70, of Metz, Missouri
- Clodine Humphrey, 63, of Marlin
- Sylvia King, 30, of Killeen
- Zona Lynn, 45, of Marlin
- Connie Peterson, 43, of Austin
- Ruth Pujol, 36, of Copperas Cove
- Su-Zann Rashott, 30, of San Antonio
- John Romero, Jr., 33, of Copperas Cove
- Thomas Simmons, 55, of Killeen
- Glen Arval Spivey, 44, Harker Heights
- Nancy Stansbury, 44, Harker Heights
- Olgica Taylor, 45, of Waco
- James Welsh, 75, of Waco
- Lula Welsh, 64, of Waco
- Juanita Williams, 64, of Temple
A memorial for the victims is placed behind the Killeen Community Center.
Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.