Six Copperas Cove High School Copperettes were selected for All-American status and six others were selected for All-American Honorable Mention awards at a private dance camp through American Dance/Drill Team School.
Being next to the world’s largest military post, Fort Hood, the Copperettes’ theme this year is All American Dance Team for contest season and spring show. For their All-American tryouts at camp, the Copperettes used a pom routine entitled, “Warrior” for their audition.
The camp had two instructors who spent a week with the dancers to teach them pep rally and contest routines. For contest entries, the team learned a spunky jazz, fierce military, and energetic pom routine. The team also learned two new hip hop routines that fans will see at pep rallies throughout the football season.
Copperas Cove High School Copperettes earned the following awards:
- All American Kick Company: Hadiya Gay, Victoria Hanson, Brianna Harner, Brianna Buchanan, Justtina Lampkin, and Dorianne McDonald
- Miss High Kick: Dorianne McDonald
- Gussie Nell Davis Dancer of the Week (for hard work, determination, and unity): Brianna Buchanan, Kayla Herring, and Jessica Ahlers
- Spirit of ADTS (epitome of dance team example): Christina Davis, Isabella Garrett, and Portia Shelton
- Pizazz Award (for having great showmanship and energy): Hadiya Gay, Jordan Hall, and Justtina Lampkin
- All-American Honorable Mention: Maraya Beundia, Takara Stover, Brianna Buchanan, Brianna Harner, Kayla Herring, and Princess Sanchez
- All-American Dancers: Erin Smith, Hadiya Gay, Victoria Hanson, Lily Sallfors, Dorianne McDonald, and Justtina Lampkin
- All-American Dance Company: Lily Sallfors and Dorianne McDonald
- Outstanding Performer of the Week: Lily Sallfors
Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.