Fire destroys Rockdale property near propane company

Posted at 3:14 PM, Mar 03, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-03 17:07:31-05

The Rockdale Fire Department said a fire destroyed an property in Rockdale Friday morning.

The fire department said they got the call around 9 a.m., and when they arrived at the 1300 block of Cameron Ave., the fire was totally involved.

They said flames were as high as trees.

One man was living there, but he was able to get out safely. The same man owns the propane company nearby.

The Trim Shop next to the property was burned also.

One firefighter suffered from smoke inhalation.

Fire officials believe the fire started from a fireplace that was burning.

Four fire departments helped tackle the fire – Rockdale, Cameron, Milano and Taylor.

Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.