No. 24/23 Baylor softball will make its first home appearance in the 2017 season at Getterman Stadium, hosting the 16th-annual Getterman Classic this weekend, Feb. 16-19.
The tournament field features last season’s champion, North Texas, along with UTSA, Grand Canyon, and Lamar.
GETTERMAN CLASSIC NOTES
• The Getterman Classic will mark the 16th year of the annual tournament, hosted by Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
• The tournament is named after Ted and Sue Getterman, lifelong supporters of the program and instrumental benefactors to starting the Baylor softball program and funding the world-class Getterman Stadium, also carrying their namesake.
• Baylor has won the Getterman Classic 10 times, including two of the last three seasons, carrying a 66-11 all-time record in the tournament.
• North Texas is making its third appearance in the tournament field (2004, 2016) and carries a 4-6 all-time record in the Getterman Classic. North Texas took the 2016 tournament title.
• UTSA is make its third appearance in the Getterman Classic field (2009, 2011).
• GCU and Lamar are both make debuts in the tournament field’s history.
• 2016 marks just the third time in the tournament's history that the field will feature five teams.
• An all-tournament team consisting of 12 players will be selected and presented following the games on Sunday.