Bush's Chicken found not responsible in man's death

Posted at 10:38 PM, Aug 29, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-30 11:37:29-04

Bush’s Chicken was found not responsible for the 2012 death of a Killeen man.

On Monday, a jury found the restaurant chain not responsible for Morris Scurry's death. In 2014, Scurry’s widow, Angela filed the wrongful death lawsuit claiming her husband contracted Campylobacter poisoning from chicken and died.

According to the lawsuit, Scurry ordered chicken strips from the drive-thru and became sick that evening. He was in and out of the hospital for a month before he died in December 2012. 

Corey Bush, President & COO of Bush's Chicken was present and testified during the trial. The jury trial took about a week with deliberations began Friday and continued into Monday before the restaurant was absolved.

Copyright 2016 KXXV. All rights reserved.