AUSTIN, Texas - Four members of the Baylor track and field team were in action Saturday at the Longhorn Invitational at Mike A. Myers Stadium in Austin, Texas.
The highest finish of the day belonged to Ashley Fields, who placed second in the 400 meters with a time of 57.50. She also finished 11th in the 200-meters in a season-best time of 24.43.
Rhys Phillips opened up BU’s day by blazing to a third-place finish in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 13.72. That mark would have been Phillips’ career-best time however the wind (4.1m/s) was over the allowable limit to count.
Meanwhile in the sprints, Malik Wilson tied a career-best time of 10.52 in the 100 meters to finish 11th, while he also placed 10th in the 200 meters with a season-best time of 21.10.
Cody Cunningham notched a season-best mark in the 200 meters (22.21) to take 13th and carded a wind-aided 10.93 in the 100 meters to be 17th.
· Former Bear Trayvon Bromell won the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.00 at the meet.
Baylor’s athletes will next travel to the Big 12 Outdoor Championship, which runs May 13-15 in Fort Worth, Texas.
Follow @BaylorTrack on Twitter for updates on the team all season.
COMPLETE BAYLOR RESULTS
11. Malik Wilson (SO) - 10.52 (ties career best)
17. Cody Cunningham (FR) - 10.93w
11. Ashley Fields (JR) - 24.43 (season best)
10. Malik Wilson (SO) - 21.10 (season best)
13. Cody Cunningham (FR) - 22.21 (season best)
2. Ashley Fields (JR) - 57.50
3. Rhys Phillips (JR) - 13.72w
Posted at 7:36 PM, May 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-07 20:36:47-04
Copyright 2019, WorldNow