GREENSBORO, Ga. – Baylor men’s golf finished in eighth place in the Linger Longer Invitational after carding a third-round score of 4-over-par 292, which gave the Bears a three-round total of 10-over 871 at the Great Waters Golf Course.
Matthew Perrine shot 1-over-par 73 in his final round and finished tied for eighth individually with a three-round total score of 3-under 213. It was Perrine’s career-first top-10 individual finish. Andreas Gjesteby shot 1-under 71 in his third round, climbing four spots to tie for 23rd place with a final score of 2-over-par 218.
Garrett May finished tied for 27th place, carding a 2-over 74 final round and a total score of 3-over-par 219. Frederik Andersen (+11, 227) and Braden Bailey (+16, 232) finished tied for 56th and 65th places, with third round scores of 5-over 77 and 2-over 74, respectively. Hunter Shattuck competed as an individual and carded a 1-under 71 score in the final round, climbing 11 spots to tie for 38th place with a 54-hole total of 6-over 222.
Alabama (-12) won the tournament, with Augusta (-9) and Georgia (-9) tying for second. Virginia (-3) took fourth place, followed by Kennesaw State (+2), Charlotte (+5), Louisville (+7) and Baylor (+10). The Bears finished ahead of Purdue (+14), UNC Greensboro (+15), Missouri (+16), Mercer (+50) and South Alabama (+59).
- Baylor tied for seventh in par-4 scoring at 24-over 4.16, finished eighth in par-3 scoring at 2-over 3.33 and tied for eighth in par-5 scoring at 15-under 4.75.
- The Bears recorded 52 birdies through three rounds, fifth-most among the 13-team field.
- Matthew Perrine tied for seventh in par-3 scoring at 1-over-par 3.08 and tied for 10th in par-4 scoring at even-par 4.00.
- Perrine’s team-high 35 pars tied for 13th-most in the field.
- Garrett May tied for fifth in par-5 scoring at 7-under 4.42 and tied for sixth in birdies recorded with 14 made over 54 holes.
- Hunter Shattuck made an eagle on the par-4, 349-yard 11th hole – it was the only eagle made on that hole over the course of the tournament.
- Andreas Gjesteby tied for 14th with 12 birdies.
STAT OF THE DAY
52 – The number of birdies the Bears made over three rounds, tying for fifth-most in the 13-team field.
The Bears will resume tournament play at the two-day Aggie Invitational at The Traditions Golf Club, April 2 and 3. Live scoring is available at www.golfstat.com. Follow @BaylorMGolf on twitter for updates throughout the season.