The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is offering a $3,000 reward for information that could help lead to the capture of a most-wanted sex offender.
John Albert Gover, 40, is one of Texas' 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders and is a Hermandad de Pistoleros Latinos gang member wanted for failure to register as a sex offender.
According to DPS, Gover has ties to the San Antonio area, which was his last known address.
In 2009 he was convicted of indecency with a child by sexual contact in Bexar County after an incident involving a 12-year-old girl.
Gover has a lengthy criminal history that also includes robbery, deadly weapon in penal institution and burglary of building.
For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin here.
The suspect is described as 5'8 tall and around 150 pounds. He has tattoos on his arms, back, chest, wrists, left ankle, left hand and right leg. He previously used the name "Mike R. Gonzales" as an alias.
Tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods to be eligible for the cash rewards.
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at here by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App
All tips on the case can be offered anonymously.
DPS advises that people not attempt to apprehend fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.
Copyright 2016 KXXV. All rights reserved.