Belton, Texas – The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor women’s tennis team led after doubles but could not hold on in a 6-3 loss to Austin College Saturday in Belton. UMHB falls to 1-6 on the spring with the loss while the Kangaroos improve to 5-4 with the win.
UMHB held a 2-1 lead after posting wins at #2 and #3 doubles but the Kangaroos took five of the six singles matches to clinch the victory. Ashlee Montgomery’s win at #4 was the only singles victory for the Cru.
UMHB will return to action with the American Southwest Conference West Division opener on Friday. The Cru will host Concordia Texas for an 11:00 AM start at the Yvonne Li Tennis Center.
1. Kirsten Weber (ACW) def. Elizabeth Ostroff (UMHB-WOM) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
2. Grace Ortiz (ACW) def. Haley Hicks (UMHB-WOM) 6-1, 6-2
3. Meghan White (ACW) def. Sarah Sedory (UMHB-WOM) 3-6, 6-2, 6-1
4. Ashlee Montgomery (UMHB-WOM) def. Anamariia Kheveli (ACW) 6-4, 6-3
5. Carlye Lide (ACW) def. Tara Pergande (UMHB-WOM) 6-0, 6-3
6. Magan Green (ACW) def. Hope Nash (UMHB-WOM) 6-3, 6-4
1. Grace Ortiz/Kirsten Weber (ACW) def. Haley Hicks/Elizabeth Ostroff (UMHB-WOM) 8-5
2. Tara Pergande/Ashlee Montgomery (UMHB-WOM) def. Meghan White/Carlye Lide (ACW) 8-5
3. Sarah Sedory/Hope Nash (UMHB-WOM) def. Katie Barber/Magan Green (ACW) 8-3