Belton, Texas – The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor men’s tennis team fell behind in doubles and could not fight all the way back in a 6-3 loss to Austin College Saturday in Belton. The loss drops the Cru to 2-3 on the spring while the Kangaroos improve to 5-4 with the win.
Austin College swept doubles for a 3-0 lead. UMHB would get singles wins from Scott Wilding at #1, Brendan Thompson at #2 and Bright Ihezue at #5, but the Kangaroos took the other three for the victory.
The UMHB men will return to action with the American Southwest Conference West Division opener next Friday. The Cru will host Concordia Texas for an 11:00 AM dual match that day.
1. Scott Wilding (UMHB-MEN) def. Cedric Ambulo (ACM) 6-1, 6-2
2. Brendan Thompson (UMHB-MEN) def. Erik Meendsen (ACM) 7-6, 6-4
3. Josh Granberry (ACM) def. Julian Dunmore (UMHB-MEN) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
4. Preston Glasscock (ACM) def. Alex Mackellar (UMHB-MEN) 6-2, 7-5
5. Bright Ihezue (UMHB-MEN) def. William Crouch (ACM) 3-6, 6-2, 6-2
6. Jeff Kubena (ACM) def. Jake Boles (UMHB-MEN) 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
1. Cedric Ambulo/Josh Granberry (ACM) def. Brendan Thompson/Julian Dunmore (UMHB-MEN) 8-6
2. Erik Meendsen/Preston Glasscock (ACM) def. Scott Wilding/Alex Mackellar (UMHB-MEN) 8-1
3. Daniel Oxenreiter/Jeff Kubena (ACM) def. Bright Ihezue/Jake Boles (UMHB-MEN) 8-2