The Texas Workforce Commission and its local partners will be hosting a job fair for affected West workers and help them apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits.
A Mobile Workforce Unit will be located at the Knights of Columbus Hall on the 2500 block of Jerry Mashek Rd. The mobile workforce unit will be open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Workforce Solutions Heart of Texas staff will be available at the mobile workforce unit to help displaced workers, veterans and residents file for unemployment benefits, look for jobs, register for work online and prepare resumes and cover letters.
The job fair will take place at the Nors Sausage & Burger House located in the 120 block of N. Main St. in West. It will be held on April 29-30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days. For more information, contact Rene Clayton with Heart of Texas at 254-296-5388 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a list of all the regional employers that will be attendance:
• Angel Medical Professionals
• Atrium of Bellmead
• Country Club Retirement Community
• Crestview Healthcare Residence
• Daybreak Venture LLC
• Fresenius Medical Care
• Girling Health Care - Waco
• Greenview Manor
• Heart of Texas Region MHMR
• Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
• Hillcrest Health System, Inc.
• Home Depot
• Itasca Long Term Care LLC
• Jack of All Trades Personnel Services
• Jeffrey Place
• Lakeshore Village - Waco
• Park Plaza Nursing Home - Whitney
• Providence Park - Waco
• Regent Care Center of Woodway
• Ridgecrest Retirement Center
• Town Hall Estates
• Wesley Woods Alzheimer
• Woodland Springs