COLLEGE STATION, TX — Texas A&M is placing several safety measures for their graduation ceremonies starting Dec 9.
In preparation, Texas A&M administration and public health experts are encouraging the following:
- All graduates, family, and friends are strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 test prior
- For FREE quick testing, click here
- Follow CDC travel guidelines and do not attempt to travel if you are exhibiting any symptoms, currently positive, or have come in contact with a COVID-19 positive person in last 10 days
- Avoid attending if you fall under the higher risk category defined by the CDC.
- Consider viewing via live stream available HERE
Texas A&M will take the following precautions for the safety of those in attendance:
- Face mask covering policy will be enforced with NO EXCEPTIONS. Coverings must be worn upon entry and throughout entire ceremony. Security will escort anyone not in compliance out of the building.
- Seating will be clearly marked to maintain psychical distancing.Guest may sit in groups of no more than six people. Ushers will be on-site to assist with seating and maintaining safe distancing
- Fresh air will be circulated four times per hour, alongside temperature and humidity levels known to reduce survival of COVID-19 in the air
- Once graduate crosses stage, they will be shown where to exit. All guests of graduate should exit at that time, as well
"Congratulations on this wonderful milestone! Thank you very much for your attention as we work to provide the best possible in-person experience with enhanced safety measures." Texas A&M wrote on their website.
Graduates who wish to postpone attending this ceremony may participate in one in either February or March at Kyle Field. To RSVP, email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.