WACO, TX — STORY LINES
• Nicky Dawson [baylorbears.com] had a stellar game in the series finale vs. Texas Tech. Dawson went 3-for-4 at the plate with a triple and a walk. Sunday marked her fourth three-game hit of the season with her last one coming in the series finale at Oklahoma when she went 3-for-3 at the plate.
• Dawson also turned a pair of double plays off nifty line drive catches on Sunday. The first one tipped off Kassidy Krupit's [baylorbears.com] glove, and Dawson tracked it down and dove to reach second base to get the Tech runner out. The second one Dawson leapt in the air for and then immediately threw to McGlaun at first to get the runner.
• Baylor recorded 10 hits in Sunday's contest vs. Texas Tech. It was the first time since March 12 at McNeese State that the Lady Bears put up double digit hits.
• One of those hits came from freshman Casey Shell [baylorbears.com] whose single to left field marked her first career hit at Baylor.
• Krupit hit her ninth home run of the season on Monday. That puts her tied for eighth in the Big 12 and second among the league's freshmen.
• Goose McGlaun [baylorbears.com] is tied for fifth in the Big 12 with 22 walks drawn this year. In four games this season, she's walked three times. In conference play, McGlaun is tied for second with eight walks.
• Sidney Holman [baylorbears.com] has been stellar in the circle for BU. She's pitched a Big 12 leading 145.2 innings with 109 strikeouts.
• Baylor is 10-5 when scoring first in 2019.
• The Lady Bears are 12-3 when the opponent scores two runs or less this season.
• Regan Green [baylorbears.com] was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week March 5, marking her first career Big 12 weekly award. It is also Baylor's first weekly award of the season. Green pitched a complete game in the win over Southern Utah and matched her career high with 11 strikeouts. She struck out 50 percent of the batters she faced (22). It also marked her fourth career double-digit strikeout game.
• Nicky Dawson [baylorbears.com] reached base safely in 32 straight games to start this season. That is good enough for fourth in program history behind Kaitlyn Thumann 44 (2013), Lindsey Cargill 36 (2017) and Shelby Friudenberg [baylorbears.com] 33 (2017).
• Baylor will play 24 games against 12 programs that advanced to the 2018 NCAA Regionals, including WCWS participants Washington and Oklahoma.
• Baylor is 270-99 over the last 7 seasons, averaging over 38 wins per season since 2013.
• BU was picked 3rd in the Big 12 preseason coaches poll behind Oklahoma and Texas.
A LOOK AT LAMAR
• Baylor has won all 12 of the contests vs. Lamar with the series dating back to 1983.
• Lamar is led by first--year head coach Amy Hooks. Hooks spent the previous six years as an assistant at Northwestern State. She played at Texas and graduated as the school's all-time leader in home runs.
• Shannon Klaus is currently at 24 stolen bases this season which sets a program record.
• Jade Lewis leads the Cardinals with a .311 batting average. Lewis, along with Kelly Meeuwsen and Shaina Amir combine for Lamar's three home runs this season.
• In the circle, Erin Kyle has accumulated eight wins this year to go with an ERA of 1.96.