WACO, TX — Baylor soccer opens the 2019 season against Northwestern State at 4 p.m. on Sunday at Betty Lou Mays Field. While it’s the season opener for the Bears, the Lady Demons kicked off their 2019 slate with a 7-0 loss at North Texas on Thursday.
Sunday’s match will feature a T-shirt exchange for Baylor students. They are encouraged to bring an old Baylor T-shirt and exchange it at the match for a soccer crest T-shirt. The old T-shirts will be donated to charity.
The contest will be aired on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
Baylor soccer has also entered year three of a partnership with La Mejor (106.1 FM) to offer a Spanish radio broadcast of all the games at Betty Lou Mays this season.
Season tickets for general public, youth, single-game tickets and four-packs are now on sale. Get your tickets on BaylorBears.com/tickets or by calling 254-710-1000.
The Legacy Fund membership is an exclusive support club that enhances the Baylor Soccer program. Becoming a Legacy member allows you to get an insider look at Baylor soccer and to support the team in every aspect of the program’s success. For more information on the Legacy Fund, visit baylorbears.com/bearfoundation or call 254-710-3197.
Keep up with the team all season long by following Baylor Soccer on the team's official Twitter (@BaylorFutbol), Facebook (Baylor Soccer), and Instagram (@BaylorFutbol).
Sunday, Aug. 25 vs. Northwestern State at 4 p.m.
Betty Lou Mays Field
Video: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Radio: La Mejor (106.1 FM)
2018 Record: 20-6
2018 Big 12 Record: 8-1
Head Coach: Paul Jobson [baylorbears.com]
Career: 76-39-14 (7th season)
BU: 76-39-14 (7th season)
BAYLOR QUICK NOTES
- Baylor was selected second in the Big 12 Soccer Preseason Poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history. WVU took the top spot by a slim margin of three points.
- BU landed at No. 14 in the United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll. It marked the fourth time in program history (1999, 2013, 2018, 2019) that the Bears received a spot in the rankings. Baylor will face four opponents in the preseason poll (5 USC, 11 West Virginia, 19 Texas, 22 Texas Tech).
- Sophomore defender Kayley Ables was the lone Bear to be named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team. Ables recorded the most minutes of any BU freshman with 2,017 as she started every match she played. The Waco native was one of four 2018 Big 12 All-Freshman Team honorees to be voted on the preseason list.
- BU head coach Paul Jobson has 76 career wins. He is within two wins of tying the program record holder – his wife, Marci (78, 2008-14).
- Jennifer Wandt returns for her junior campaign after a stellar sophomore season. The goalkeeper recorded 12 solo shutouts a year ago, good for second in the Big 12 and fourth in the nation. She now sits at No. 2 on Baylor’s career shutouts list (21) and has already set the program record for most in a single season.
- Camryn Wendlandt looks to build off a junior season that saw her become the first Bear to reach double-digit goals (10) since 2012.
- Baylor returns 15 letterwinners, including eight starters, from last year’s Big 12 regular season championship team.