WACO, TX — After playing a total of three games earlier in the week, Baylor returns to Getterman Stadium to host its Big 12 opener against No. 21/18 Oklahoma State.
• Goose McGlaun [baylorbears.com] hit her first home run of the season at Getterman Stadium and third of 2019 in Wednesday's contest vs. Central Arkansas. McGlaun, with 28 career home runs, is now tied for sixth all-time in program history alongside Ashley Monceaux (2006-07).
• McGlaun has at least two hits in each of the last five games.
• Since hitting her first home run of the season at Louisiana on March 11, McGlaun is hitting .632 with three home runs, a double, five RBIs and four runs scored.
• Baylor has had six freshmen in the starting lineup the last two games. On the season, the Lady Bears have started at least four freshmen in 19 of their 25 games.
• Regan Green [baylorbears.com] was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week March 5, marking her first career Big 12 weekly award. It is also Baylor's first weekly award of the season. Green pitched a complete game in the win over Southern Utah and matched her career high with 11 strikeouts. She struck out 50 percent of the batters she faced (22). It also marked her fourth career double-digit strikeout game.
• McGlaun leads Baylor at the plate with a .389 batting average.
• Nicky Dawson [baylorbears.com] has reached base safely in every game this season, making her 25-game streak a new career-high. She's also scored a team-high 17 runs.
• Kassidy Krupit [baylorbears.com] is the team leader with 19 RBIs. She also leads the team, and is tied for sixth in the Big 12, with six home runs.
• Sidney Holman [baylorbears.com] has been stellar in the circle for BU. She's pitched 81 innings and has allowed 37 runs off 83 hits. Her 78 strikeouts this season ranks eighth in the Big 12.
• Baylor is 9-3 when scoring first in 2019.
• The Lady Bears are 10-2 when the opponent scores two runs or less this season.
• Baylor will play 24 games against 12 programs that advanced to the 2018 NCAA Regionals, including WCWS participants Washington and Oklahoma.
• Baylor is 270-99 over the last 7 seasons, averaging over 38 wins per season since 2013.
• BU was picked 3rd in the Big 12 preseason coaches poll behind Oklahoma and Texas.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA STATE
• BU is 31-37 against the Cowgirls and 17-13 in the last 10 years.
• Oklahoma State swept the conference series last year. However, Baylor topped the Cowgirls, 7-1, in the Big 12 Tournament.
• Oklahoma State has a total of five freshmen on the roster. Kiley Naomi and Chyenne Factor have started in 29 and 14 games respectively.
• OSU has 41 home runs this season, led by Samantha Show with eight and Sydney Pennington with seven.
• The Cowgirls are 5-3 against top-25 opponents, including their three-game sweep at Oregon March 8-9.