WACO, TX — Taylor Ellis [baylorbears.com]
hit two home runs in the series opener at No. 2 Oklahoma over the weekend. She went 2-for-3 at the plate with her third at-bat ending in a flyout to the warning track in center field. She now has four HRs this year.
• Ellis is the first player this season to hit two home runs in a game vs. Oklahoma. She's also the first player to do so since March 16, 2016 when Minnesota's Sam Macken did it.
• Ellis is one of five players in the history of the Oklahoma softball program to hit two home runs in a game vs. the Sooners.
• Kassidy Krupit [baylorbears.com] also homered in the series opener at OU, bringing her total to eight.
• Friday night marked the second time a team hit multiple home runs vs. the Sooners this year. Florida State hit five vs. OU earlier this season, tying an OU record set by Baylor in 2006 when BU hit five vs. Oklahoma. OU has given up a homer in only 11 games. Entering Friday, Oklahoma had given up only one homer in Big 12 play.
• Goose McGlaun [baylorbears.com] is seventh in the Big 12 with 21 walks drawn this year. In four games this season, she's walked three times. In conference play, McGlaun is tied for first with seven walks.
• Kassidy Krupit [baylorbears.com] is the team leader with 24 RBI. She also leads the team with eight home runs.
• Ana Watson [baylorbears.com] is sixth among freshmen in the Big 12 with a .297 batting average on the season. In conference games alone, Watson is the No. 3 freshman in the league with a .296 batting average.
• Sidney Holman [baylorbears.com] has been stellar in the circle for BU. She's pitched a Big 12 leading 126.1 innings with 99 strikeouts.
• Baylor is 10-5 when scoring first in 2019.
• The Lady Bears are 12-3 when the opponent scores two runs or less this season.
• Regan Green [baylorbears.com] was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week March 5, marking her first career Big 12 weekly award. It is also Baylor's first weekly award of the season. Green pitched a complete game in the win over Southern Utah and matched her career high with 11 strikeouts. She struck out 50 percent of the batters she faced (22). It also marked her fourth career double-digit strikeout game.
• Nicky Dawson [baylorbears.com] reached base safely in 32 straight games to start this season. That is good enough for fourth in program history behind Kaitlyn Thumann 44 (2013), Lindsey Cargill 36 (2017) and Shelby Friudenberg [baylorbears.com] 33 (2017).
• Baylor will play 24 games against 12 programs that advanced to the 2018 NCAA Regionals, including WCWS participants Washington and Oklahoma.
• Baylor is 270-99 over the last 7 seasons, averaging over 38 wins per season since 2013.
• BU was picked 3rd in the Big 12 preseason coaches poll behind Oklahoma and Texas.
A LOOK AT TEXAS TECH
• Of the 68 contests between the two teams, 38 of them have featured at least either Baylor or Texas Tech ranked in the top 25. 1998 was the last time the matchup featured a ranked TTU team taking on an unranked BU team.
• The Red Raiders rank 11th nationally with a .332 batting average. Texas Tech's pitching staff has cut its ERA in half from a year ago and has held opponents to less than three runs per game.