BROKEN ARROW, OK — Baylor women’s golf remains in second place after shooting 26-over-par 314 in a windy second round of the Big 12 Championship on Monday at Golf Club of Oklahoma. The Bears enter the final round 22 shots back of the lead with a two-round total of 30-over 606.
No. 32 Baylor (+30) trails only No. 2 Texas (+8). The Bears lead Oklahoma State (+33), No. 24 TCU (+38), No. 18 Oklahoma (+39), Kansas (+41), No. 37 Texas Tech (+44), No. 39 Iowa State (+46) and Kansas State (+55).
Three Baylor players are among the top-15 individuals. Diane Baillieux is tied for fifth place at 6-over-par 150, which is seven shots back of the individual lead. Gurleen Kaur is tied for 10th place at 7-over 151, and Maria Vesga is tied for 14th place at 9-over 153. The top 10 individuals earn All-Tournament Team honors, which Baillieux, Kaur and Vesga all received at last year’s Big 12 Championship.
Baillieux and Erica Chiang posted Baylor’s best rounds on Monday with matching scores of 5-over 77. Chiang moved up into a tie for 23rd place at 12-over 156. Emma Bradley shot even-par on the back-9 to finish her second round at 7-over 79 and move into a tie for 35th place at 16-over 160. Vesga shot 9-over 81, while Kaur carded 11-over 83.
- Baylor ranks second in the field in par-4 scoring at 32-over 4.32, tied for third in par-3 scoring at 11-over 3.28 and fifth in par-5 scoring at 7-over 5.18.
- Baylor leads the tournament with 27 birdies across two rounds.
- Baillieux is tied for third in par-4 scoring at 3-over 4.15 and tied for sixth in par-3 scoring at 1-over 3.13.
- Vesga is tied for sixth in par-3 scoring at 1-over 3.13 and tied for 12th in par-4 scoring at 5-over 4.25.
- Kaur is tied for 12th in par-4 scoring at 5-over 4.25 and tied for eighth in par-5 scoring at even-par 5.00.
- Kaur is tied for the tournament lead with nine birdies, while Vesga is tied for fifth with six birdies.
- Baillieux leads the team and is tied for ninth overall with 22 pars across 36 holes.
- Bradley and Chiang are tied for 15th in par-5 scoring at 1-over 5.13.
STAT OF THE DAY
6 – Baylor is looking for its sixth top-3 finish in its last eight appearances at the Big 12 Championship. Prior to 2012, Baylor has finished top-3 at the conference tournament in three of the league’s first 15 years.
Baylor is paired with Oklahoma State and Texas for Tuesday’s final round, which begins at 8 a.m. CT. Bradley has Baylor’s first tee time at 10 a.m., followed by Chiang at 10:10 a.m., Vesga at 10:20 a.m., Kaur at 10:30 a.m. and Baillieux in the final group of the day at 10:40 a.m. Live scoring is available at www.golfstat.com . Follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the season.