WACO, TX — Baylor soccer is back in Waco and ready to play its first home match in more than two weeks. The Bears will host Arkansas at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12 before hitting the road again for a contest at ACU slated for a 7 p.m. start Sunday in Abilene.
Thursday’s game will be Slurpee Day with free Nerds flavored Slurpees given out to every fan in attendance while supplies last. The contest will be aired on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
Arkansas comes to Waco with a 4-1-1 record. The Razorbacks – who dropped a double overtime match at Oklahoma and tied Minnesota in another double overtime contest – are riding a three-game win streak. In that span, the Razorbacks have outscored their opponents, 19-0.
Three days later, Baylor will be in Abilene to take on ACU. Last season was the first time the two schools met on the pitch and they played each other twice in 2018 – Baylor’s season opener and in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The Wildcats are led by Erin Smith in goal with 22 saves.
Season tickets for general public, youth, single-game tickets and four-packs are now on sale. Get your tickets on BaylorBears.com/tickets or by calling 254-710-1000.
The Legacy Fund membership is an exclusive support club that enhances the Baylor Soccer program. Becoming a Legacy member allows you to get an insider look at Baylor soccer and to support the team in every aspect of the program’s success. For more information on the Legacy Fund, visit baylorbears.com/bearfoundation or call 254-710-3197.
Keep up with the team all season long by following Baylor Soccer on the team's official Twitter (@BaylorFutbol), Facebook (Baylor Soccer), and Instagram (@BaylorFutbol).
Thursday, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m.
Betty Lou Mays Field
Video: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Radio: La Mejor (106.1 FM)
Sunday, Sept. 15 at 7 p.m.
Elmer Gray Stadium
Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=275452 [stats.statbroadcast.com]
2019 Record: 3-1-1
2019 Big 12 Record: 0-0
Head Coach: Paul Jobson
Career: 79-40-15 (7th season)
BU: 79-40-15 (7th season)
2019 Record: 4-1-1
2019 SEC Record: 0-0
Head Coach: Colby Hale
Career: 86-58-17 (8th season)
ARK: 86-58-17 (8th season)
2019 Record: 3-2
2019 Southland Record: 0-0
Head Coach: Casey Wilson
Career: 136-89-19 (13th season)
ACU: 136-89-19 (13th season)
BAYLOR QUICK NOTES
- Baylor has won 15-straight matches at home, dating back to Nov. 10, 2017. It is the longest home win streak in the nation.
- BU head coach Paul Jobson has 79 career wins. He is now the program record holder in career coaching victories. His wife, Marci (78, 2008-14) was the previous record holder.
- Camryn Wendlandt began the season with a point in four-straight matches, which tied her career high.
- Elizabeth Kooiman is the most efficient shooter in the conference. With 10 shot attempts so far this season, seven of them have been on goal.
- Eva Mitchell’s goal in the sixth minute at Wyoming marked the quickest goal of the year for BU.
- Baylor scored four goals in the win over the Lady Demons, which marked the most goals scored by the Bears since they scored six vs. Nebraska on Sept. 2, 2018.
- Baylor was selected second in the Big 12 Soccer Preseason Poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history. WVU took the top spot by a slim margin of three points.
- BU landed at No. 14 in the United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll. It marked the fourth time in program history (1999, 2013, 2018, 2019) that the Bears received a spot in the rankings. Baylor will face four opponents in the preseason poll (5 USC, 11 West Virginia, 19 Texas, 22 Texas Tech.)
- Sophomore defender Kayley Ables was the lone Bear to be named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team. Ables recorded the most minutes of any BU freshman with 2,017 as she started every match she played. The Waco native was one of four 2018 Big 12 All-Freshman Team honorees to be voted on the preseason list.
- Jennifer Wandt returns for her junior campaign after a stellar sophomore season. The goalkeeper recorded 12 solo shutouts a year ago, good for second in the Big 12 and fourth in the nation. She now sits at No. 2 on Baylor’s career shutouts list (21) and has already set the program record for most in a single season.
- Camryn Wendlandt looks to build off a junior season that saw her become the first Bear to reach double-digit goals (10) since 2012.
- Baylor returns 15 letterwinners, including eight starters, from last year’s Big 12 regular season championship team.