SAN JOSE DEL CABO, Mexico — Baylor men’s golf shot 7-under-par 277 in Monday’s second round at the Querencia Cabo Collegiate, climbing one spot into second place at 13-under 555. The Bears are nine shots back of the lead entering Tuesday’s final round at Los Cabos Querencia.
No. 36 Baylor (-13) trails on No. 1-ranked Oklahoma State (-22). The Bears are ahead of No. 9 Arizona State (-12), No. 50 Arizona (+1), No. 27 Florida State (+3), No. 3 Vanderbilt (+4), No. 12 LSU (+7), No. 48 Ole Miss (+7), Houston (+7), No. 19 Texas A&M (+23), No. 32 Arkansas (+27), Rice (+31) and No. 14 Alabama (+36).
Four Bears are in the top-10 individually. Cooper Dossey carded the Bears’ best round of the day with a 4-under 67 to climb into a tie for seventh place at 4-under 138. Braden Bailey made seven birdies on his way to a 3-under 68 to move into a tie for ninth place at 3-under 139. Ryan Grider and Colin Kober both shot even-par 71, and they are tied with Bailey in ninth place at 3-under 139, while Garrett May shot 4-over 75 and is tied for 52nd place at 9-over 151.
- Baylor leads the 13-team field in par-4 scoring at 3-under 3.97, ranks second in par-5 scoring at 11-under 4.63 and 12th in par-3 scoring at 10-over 3.25.
- Baylor’s 40 birdies through two rounds are second-most in the field, trailing only Oklahoma State’s 45 birdies.
- Dossey, Kober, Bailey and Grider are tied for fifth in the 74-player field in par-4 scoring at 2-under 3.91.
- Bailey is tied for third in par-5 scoring at 4-under 4.33, while Kober is tied for eighth at 3-under 4.50.
- Dossey and Grider are tied for 13th in par-3 scoring at even-par 3.00.
- Bailey and Kober are tied for second in the field with 10 birdies, while Grider and Dossey are tied for 13th with eight birdies.
STAT OF THE DAY
7 – Braden Bailey made seven birdies over a nine-hole stretch between the fourth and 12th holes in the second round. Bailey made four consecutive birdies on Nos. 4, 5, 6 and 7, then added birdies on Nos. 9, 10 and 12. Bailey is tied for second in the 74-player field with 10 birdies across 36 holes.
Baylor is paired with Oklahoma State, Arizona State and Arizona for Tuesday’s final round, which is a 9 a.m. CT shotgun start. Dossey and Kober tee off from the first hole, while Grider starts on No. 2, Bailey begins on No. 3, and May tees off on No. 4. Live scoring of the Querencia Cabo Collegiate is available at www.golfstat.com [golfstat.com] . Follow @BaylorMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the season.