NORTH PLAINS, ORE. — Baylor men’s golf moved up one spot into ninth place after shooting 2-under-par 282 in Monday’s second round of the Nike Collegiate Invitational. The Bears are at 1-under 567 heading to the final round at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club’s Witch Hollow course.
Baylor (-1) is within seven strokes of the top-five entering Tuesday’s final round. The Bears trail Oklahoma (-31), Wake Forest (-16), Clemson (-14), Oklahoma State (-10), Vanderbilt (-8), Georgia (-6), Duke (-5) and Texas (-3). BU leads Stanford (E), TCU (+3), Florida (+4), USC (+4), Oregon (+8) and Ohio State (+15).
Mark Reppe had the Bears’ best round of the day, sinking four birdies and 13 pars on his way to a 3-under 68. He climbed 24 spots on the leaderboard into a tie for 30th place at even-par 142. Travis McInroe posted a 1-under 70 to move into a tie for 49th place at 4-over 146. McInroe made four birdies in a six-hole stretch and finished with a birdie on his final hole to get below par.
Cooper Dossey and Colin Kober recorded the Bears’ final counting scores with matching rounds of 1-over 72. Dossey is tied for 24th place at 2-under 140, and Kober is tied for 66th place at 7-over 149. Dossey posted 15 pars for the second-consecutive round and leads the 81-player field with 30 pars across 36 holes.
- Baylor is tied for ninth in the 15-team field in par-5 scoring at 9-under 4.78, tied for eighth in par-3 scoring at 5-over 3.10 and 13th in par-4 scoring at 12-over 4.13.
- BU is tied for sixth with 113 pars and ranks 10th with 32 birdies.
- Mark Reppe is tied for seventh in the 81-player field in par-5 scoring at 4-under 4.50.
- Cooper Dossey is tied for 12th in par-3 scoring at 1-under 2.90.
- Johnny Keefer is tied for 17th in par-4 scoring at 1-under 3.94.
- Dossey leads the tournament with 30 pars across 36 holes, while Keefer is tied for eighth with 25 pars.
- Travis McInroe is tied for sixth with 10 birdies over two rounds. He made four birdies in a six-hole stretch in the second round, posting birdies on Nos. 15, 17, 18 and 2.
STAT OF THE DAY
68 – Mark Reppe’s 3-under 68 tied the best round of his three-year collegiate career. He started from the 10th tee and made a birdie on No. 11, five straight pars and consecutive birdies on Nos. 17 and 18 to take the turn at 3-under. Reppe then started the second half of his round with five consecutive pars, got to 4-under with a birdie on No. 6 and finished at 3-under after a bogey on his final hole, No. 9. Reppe’s 68 matched his career-best round set at the 2019 All-American Intercollegiate.
Tuesday’s final round begins at 10 a.m. CT with tee times from Nos. 1 and 10. The Bears are paired with players from Duke and Texas and will be first off the first tee. Kober is up first at 10 a.m., followed in 10-minute intervals by McInroe, Reppe, Keefer and Dossey, respectively. Live scoring is available at www.golfstat.com [golfstat.com] . Follow @BaylorMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the season.