NewsThe Loop


Whale dies from ingesting 88-pounds of plastic

Posted at 5:39 AM, Mar 18, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-18 06:39:34-04

PHILIPPINES — A male whale has died from ingesting too much plastic. He was found on a beach in the Philippines.

A necropsy led to finding 40 kilograms (88 pounds) of plastic in his stomach.

The museum team who performed the operation said it's the most plastic the group has ever seen in a whale.

Inside his belly were 16 rice bags, four banana bags and several shopping bags.